Rep. Andrew Barkis unveils incentivized housing solutions
Rep. Andrew Barkis, R-Olympia, gave the following presentation at the Association of Washington Business Housing Forum in Bellevue on July 8, 2019. In the presentation, he identified five tools to make it possible for the private, public and non-profit markets to develop housing stock:
- Expedite permitting process at all levels.
- Increase zoning density and flexibility.
- Tax incentives and exemptions.
- Sales tax – develop credit equal to 50% of state and local portion.
- Mitigate fees (permit, impact, hookup, etc.).
View his full presentation here: http://houserepublicans.wa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Housing_Solutions_Presentation_070819.pdf