Dear Friends and Neighbors,
It's no secret that the last couple of years have brought challenges to you, your families, your businesses, and all of our communities. One of the many questions I continually receive from you is, “What are Republicans doing to address the top issues facing our state?”
I want to take this opportunity to share a list of important resources and information. These will provide you with a detailed look at the work happening behind the scenes on your behalf – and on behalf of everyone in Washington state. I encourage you to bookmark the links below, and please share them with your friends and family.
Public policy issues
- New long-term care insurance program and payroll tax, including our efforts to repeal this tax and FAQs
- Democrats' regressive policies will create more pain at the pump for Washingtonians
- Why the Democrats' police reform bills have made communities less safe
- Why breaching out dams would do more harm than good
- Democrats' new tax increases | 2019-21
Emergency power reform and COVID-19 resources
- What are House Republicans doing to reform the governor's emergency powers?
- Republican letters to Gov. Jay Inslee
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and resources
Other important resources
- Holding state government accountable
- Redistricting: New map increases number of competitive districts, reflects diversity
- Editorial Boards criticize Democrats' policies, processes
- House Republicans: Real Solutions
- Watch: House Floor debate highlights
- Watch: Republican media availabilities
- How you can be involved in the legislative process
- Visit my website | Representative Andrew Barkis
- Follow me on Facebook | State Representative Andrew Barkis
- Visit the Washington State House Republicans website
- Follow Washington State House Republicans on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Sign-up for The Current | The Washington State House Republicans newsletter
- Sign-up for The Capitol Buzz | A daily summary of online news from across the state, highlighting policies, politics, and other issues that affect Washingtonians
- Bookmark The Ledger | Washington State House Republicans news aggregator
In my next e-newsletter, I'll update you on some significant work I've been doing in the transportation arena and other preparations for the 2022 legislative session.
As always, if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas regarding your state government, don't hesitate to reach out to me. You can find my contact information at the bottom of this email.
It's an honor to serve you.